On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 01:31:20PM -0400, Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> > The only wonky bit
> > was that verbs was needed for subnet timeout because it isn't in
> > sysfs. Everything else went according to the spec.
>
> I don't see how your algorithm can be compliant with just subnet timeout.

Really?

13.4.6.3  specifies the formula

                 CommTimeValueOut    CommTimeValueIn    RespTimeValue
4.096 ??sec x ( 2                  +2                 +2               )

Which boils down to

4.096 ??sec x (2 x 2**(Subnet_Timeout) + 2**(RespTimeValue))

For the on subnet case.

RespTimeValue comes from the class port info of the target manager,
and C13-13.1.1 gives guidance what value to use for the initial class
port info query to get the value.

Which is exactly what I implemented.

It isn't hard.