> I wonder how important wire compatibilty of the ibv_xx_pingpong
> examples is... should I worry about this?

I know that for some of the larger clusters, they may not be able to upgrade
the software on all systems during a scheduled downtime.  This is about the
only reason I can think of why you might even care.  It doesn't look that
important to me, and DAPL seems to break its connection wire protocol just
about every release without any complaints yet.