Roland Dreier <rol...@kernel.org> wrote:
> Is there any reason mlx4_get_ext_port_caps() couldn't be more like
> mlx4_check_ext_port_caps(), and have that function set
> MLX4_FLAG_EXTENDED_PORT_INFO?  Is it possible that
> only some ports on the same HCA handle the extended port info query?
> If so is there some reason this one bit needs a u64 to hold it?

Roland,

I hope you saw Marcel's reply saying that yes, it could be that only
some ports on the same HCA can handle this query, so this does need to
be per port.

As for that "this" do you prefer this flag to be implemented now as
"u8 ext_info" field of the port structure and turned into a bit which
is part of 32/64 bits extended_info caps field later when the 2nd such
cap pops out?

Or.