On 04/02/12 12:51, Or Gerlitz wrote:

> On 4/2/2012 2:48 PM, Bart Van Assche wrote:
>> The two ports are connected back-to-back to another mlx4 HCA. I
>> noticed this behavior change since opensm stopped working after
>> rebooting into 3.4-rc1.
>
> can you add these prints and send me the output after attempting to cat
> the rate file?

Some additional info:
- This issue only occurs if the back-to-back connected system is down,
  not if it is running.
- The output I get with the other system down is:

# cat /sys/class/infiniband/mlx4_0/ports/1/link_layer
InfiniBand
# dmesg -c >/dev/null
# cat /sys/class/infiniband/mlx4_0/ports/1/rate
cat: /sys/class/infiniband/mlx4_0/ports/1/rate: Invalid argument
# dmesg -c
ib_link_query_port active_speed 7
rate_show ret 0 for ib_query_port dev mlx4_0 port 1 link 1

Bart.