On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Jason Gunthorpe
<jguntho...@obsidianresearch.com> wrote:
>> Then around 3.8 or so we can have the kernel default to 64-byte CQEs
>> for HW that supports it.
>
> Can things also be tweaked so the old libmlx4 won't load at all on
> these kernels? Bump one of the abi_ver values or something?

The patch does bump the abi version when switching CQE format.

The only problem with that is it's annoying if your userspace breaks
just because you booted into a new kernel.  But I don't see any
other way given the way I understand this HW feature works.

 - R.