> Is there a way to setup the timeout in rdma_connect() ?

For IB, the timeout is based on the packet lifetime in the path record returned
by the SA.  The rdma_cm will retry a CM REQ the maximum number of times (15).

> Is there a way to change the CM parameters ? e.g. "Service Timeout" to
> wait for moving from "REP wait" state to "Timeout" state, and the number
> of send "REQ" retries (From 12.9.5 "Communication Establishement and
> Release - Active") ?

There is no direct way to change the timeout parameter.  You would need to
adjust the subnet timeout values at the SA.

> Is struct rdma_conn_param.retry_count the number of "REQ" retries ?
> According to the manpage, it seems it doesn't apply to CM.

The retry_count applies to the QP and is not associated with the CM timeout.
I.e. it maps to REQ:retry_count, versus REQ:max_cm_retries.

- Sean