On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, Shlomo Pongartz wrote:

> The garbage collection and stale times follow the default ipv4/6
> neigh.default.gc_yyy
> sysctl values, for example
>
> net.ipv4.neigh.default.gc_interval = 30
> net.ipv4.neigh.default.gc_stale_time = 60
>
> If given access to these values from IPoIB, we will be happy
> to integrate them into that logic

It looks like the values are hardcoded right now.

> Please clarify what do you mean by group expiration.

If you have neighbor expiration periods of 4 hrs and it is necessary to
run the expiration logic then please expire all the neighbor entries due a
certain period after that as well to avoid running the expiration again in
the next minute or so. I guess the fuzz factor needs to scale depending on
the expiration period.