On 13/09/2012 10:35, Jack Morgenstein wrote:
I seem to recall that there were problems with IPoIB when partial membership
pkeys are used.

There are some issues in the overall solution, since ARPs sent over the broadcast group reach also nodes with partial membership their HCA generated pkey violation errors which is a bit annoying, the IBTA has been dealing with this for a while, not sure where it stands. I'm not aware to other issues.

All in all, the approach taken by IPoIB is to always use the full form of a pkey e.g 0x8001 and not 0x0001 when dealing with the core helper functions and within ipoib internally and externally -- e.g in the sysfs (and also in the rtnl link ops I'm adding now) interfaces - of add/delete child and
show the pkey.

Or.