Hi Vladimir,

why do you put OFED together for a kernel nobody uses? Perhaps SLES and
Red Hat do it like this but nobody else.

Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel - 3.0, 3.2 and
3.4 are the long-term stable releases.

This approach is worse than the approach before IMHO. Since 1.5.4.1
there is no real stable release. No wonder that everyone puts his own
OFED together.

I'm so glad that we don't need too much OFED user space and we just use
the IB stuff from the mainline kernel. We need to surf close to mainline
kernel development anyway.

The only thing that we would need is a list which packet with which
version matches our mainline kernel. Updating it from Git directly from
a tag or branch with no external patches or SRPM/tar.gz stuff would make
it much easier - also for other distributions. Things are getting better
for us with the switch-over to Gentoo. There, we can leave out the
packages that we don't actually need.

Cheers,
Sebastian