On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Jason Gunthorpe
<jguntho...@obsidianresearch.com> wrote:

> This looks like it is a bashism (ie dash does not do this), so you
> should update the #! to use /bin/bash not /bin/sh...

But Garrett just committed something a few days ago to remove
bash-isms, and I'd hate to reintroduce one for this trivial thing.
More specifically, here's what's going to happen in Fedora-land, and
isn't in RHEL6:

The /etc/sysconfig/network file goes away, and is replaced (for our
purposes) with /etc/hostname ,which contains the short name of the
hostname. The way I figure it, we can get the hostname one of a few
ways here:

1) Blindly trust that the set hostname is correct (i.e. what the
hostname(1) command returns is what we should be using)
2) Read /etc/hostname in a subshell (the HOSTNAME= no longer exists,
so it can't be sourced)
3) Fall back on /etc/sysconfig/network if we don't find /etc/hostname
if we go with 2.

Thoughts?