On 06/12/2012 17:04, Bart Van Assche wrote:
On 12/06/12 15:27, Or Gerlitz wrote:
The core problem here seems to be that scsi_remove_host simply never ends.

Hello Or,

The later patches in the srp-ha patch series avoided such behavior by checking whether the connection between SRP initiator and target is unique, and by removing duplicate SCSI hosts for which the transport layer failed. Unfortunately these patches are still under review. Unless someone can come up with a better solution I will post a patch one of the next days that makes ib_srp again fail all commands after host removal started. That will avoid spending a long time doing error recovery.

Also, you might have noticed that Hannes Reinecke reported a few days ago that the SCSI error handler may need a lot of time for other transport types - this behavior is not SRP specific.

I'm not sure what to you exactly refer by duplicated SCSI hosts in this context or why we have them. Again, at the time we've took the stack traces snapshot from the system none of the SCSI EH threads was active, so I'm not sure either your comment about spending long time in the error recovery flow, as the flow we've run into seems to simply wait forever.

Or.