On 09.04.2013 16:23, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>> So these values are exactly the same as in "ibv_devinfo" and can be set
>> in /sys/class/infiniband/mlx4_0/device/mlx4_port1_mtu.
>>
>> I've found the PortInfo with the command
>> "smpquery portinfo -C mlx4_0 3 1"
>> where I'm using the first HCA to contact the SM. I tell the SM the
>> destination LID ('3' here in my case) and the destination port ('1').
>>
>> Is there another method to set the max MTU?
>
> That doesn't set max MTU (MTUCap) but merely reads it (for that port).

Sorry, copy and paste error. I've meant the mlx4 file:
/sys/class/infiniband/mlx4_0/device/mlx4_port1_mtu

But you've answered that by "vendor specific". Thanks for the valuable
information!

For us most interesting would be if the MTU can be changed live without
any service disruption. Looks like the mlx4 driver can't provide that.
Perhaps switches can do that.

Cheers,
Sebastian