On 4/29/2013 2:02 PM, Or Gerlitz wrote:
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Or Gerlitz <ogerl...@mellanox.com> wrote:
The RDMA stack allows for applications to create IB_QPT_RAW_PACKET QPs,
for which plain Ethernet packets are used, specifically packets which
don't carry any QPN to be matched by the receiving side.

Applications using these QPs must be provided with a method to
program some steering rule with the HW so packets arriving at
the local port can be routed to them.
Any feedback? we've added RAW PACKET QPs support back on 3.5 or 3.6
but without RX flow steering APIs applications can only send packets,
but not receive them, which is a bit of a problem for production... so
here's a concrete && working suggestion, waiting to be reviewed and
hopefully accepted.

Or.

Hey Or, This looks good at first glance. I must confess I cannot tell yet if this will provide everything we need for chelsio's RAW packet requirements. But I think we should move forward on this, and enhance as needed.

Steve.