> So if you were pushing these private conversations to linux-rdma, more
> have been known on rsockets for the benefit of all... oh well. I think
> you mentioned something re Intel HPC group, or I am wrong?

rsockets will continue to be supported by myself and Intel going forward.  The
rsocket work originated from HPC related work done that I was doing with Xeon
Phi, and targeted Intel MPI and OSU MPI as its initial application.  The Xeon
Phi processors are slower than the traditional Xeon cores; I believe I
mentioned that this was a problem, since the socket API requires data copies in
practice.  So, extensions to the rsocket API is needed to support zero-copy
data transfers.

- Sean