On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Or Gerlitz <or.gerl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, Roland, I see that you didn't pick this for 3.11, probably as you
> consider this non-fix, well the patches makes the initiator to avoid
> bounce buffer for IOs > 4K, which saves kernel memory and CPU - which
> I think can be considered a fix for the system behaviour.

Seriously?  Please, let's have some intellectual honesty -- there's no
way that iSER series could possibly be suitable as post-merge window
material.  The whole point is that we want to be stabilizing things,
not introducing new code, even if we believe it's an improvement.

> If you still don't agree, let it be, tough life... but you're the
> maintainer. So in that respect && taking into account 3.11-rc3 is
> already here, can you the door (== for-next branch) be opened right
> away (please) for 3.12 patches, specifically this series? its
> impossible to let kernel work towards a merge window be done only in
> the 1-2 weeks before the window open. E.g I'd like to know that the
> iser series is safe and ready to go from your POV, and f not fix what
> ever needs to be changed now and not in two months just a little
> before 3.11 is out, fair-enough?

Yes, the iSER stuff looks fine for the 3.12 merge window.

 - R.