On 14/08/2013 13:58, Or Gerlitz wrote:
From: Igor Ivanov <igor.iva...@itseez.com>

Add infra-structure to support extended uverbs capabilities in a
forward/backward
manner. Uverbs command opcodes which are based on the verbs extensions approach
should
be greater or equal to IB_USER_VERBS_CMD_THRESHOLD. They have new header format
and processed a bit differently.

Whenever a specific IB_USER_VERBS_CMD_XXX is extended, which practically means
it needs to have additional arguments, we will be able to add them without
creating
a completely new IB_USER_VERBS_CMD_YYY command or bumping the uverbs ABI
version.

This patch for itself doesn't provide the whole scheme which is also dependent
on adding a comp_mask field to each extended uverbs command struct.

The new header framework allows for future extension of the CMD arguments
(ib_uverbs_cmd_hdr.in_words, ib_uverbs_cmd_hdr.out_words) for an existing
new command (that is a command that supports the new uverbs command header
format
suggested in this patch) w/o bumping ABI version and with maintaining backward
and formward compatibility to new and old libibverbs versions.

In the uverbs command we are passing both uverbs arguments and the provider
arguments.
We split the ib_uverbs_cmd_hdr.in_words to ib_uverbs_cmd_hdr.in_words which
will now carry only uverbs input argument struct size and
ib_uverbs_cmd_hdr.provider_in_words that will carry the provider input argument
size. Same goes for the response (the uverbs CMD output argument).

Roland,

So how's this change-log, clear enough?

Anything else re this patch set? its around since April 2013 and missed 2-3 merged windows, lets make sure we get it in this time.

Or.