On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 5:46 AM, Tom Talpey <t...@talpey.com> wrote:
> On 8/14/2013 8:14 PM, Wendy Cheng wrote:
>>
>> Longer version of the question:
>> I'm trying to enable NFS-RDMA on an embedded system (based on 2.6.38
>> kernel) as a client. The IB stacks are taken from OFED 1.5.4. NFS
>> server is a RHEL 6.3 Xeon box. The connection uses mellox-4 driver.
>> Memory registration is "RPCRDMA_ALLPHYSICAL". There are many issues so
>> far but I do manage to get nfs mount working. Simple file operations
>> (such as "ls", file read/write, "scp", etc) seem to work as well.

[snip]

> Why did you replace the Linux IB stack with OFED? Did you also take the
> NFS/RDMA from that package, and if so are you sure that it all is
> is working properly? Doesn't 2.6.38 already have all this?

Other part of the cluster runs OFED 1.5.4 on top of RHEL 6.3 - it was
a product decision. Ditto for the 2.6.38 based uOS.

OFED 1.5.4 based NFS/RDMA (i.e. xprtrdma) does not run on both
platforms. It took a while to understand the setup. I believe issues
with RHEL boxes have been fixed - at least iozone runs thru (as client
and server) w/out trouble. Now the issue is with this 2.6.38 uOS (as
client) that talks to RHEL 6.3 (as server). I don't know much about
NFS V4 so the focus is on V3.

-- Wendy