On 11/1/2013 7:09 PM, Bart Van Assche wrote:
On 31/10/2013 5:24, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
+/**
+ * ib_mr_init_attr - Memory region init attributes passed to routine
+ *    ib_create_mr.
+ * @max_reg_descriptors: max number of registration units that
+ *   may be used with UMR work requests.
+ * @flags: MR creation flags bit mask.
+ */
+struct ib_mr_init_attr {
+    int        max_reg_descriptors;
+    int        flags;
+};

Is this the first patch that add the abbreviation "UMR" to a header file in include/rdma ? If so, I think it's a good idea not only to mention the abbreviation but also what UMR stands for.

Bart.

You are correct,
I prefer to remove this abbreviation UMR as it is not tightly related to signature.

The the max_reg_descriptors parameter is the equivalent to max_page_list_len of ib_alloc_fast_reg_mr(). The difference is that this memory region can also register indirect memory descriptors {key, addr, len} rather than u64 physical addresses. For example signature enabled memory region may register 2 descriptors: data and protection.

I'll modify the explanation here in v3.

Sagi.