> After reading quickly the thread, I still believe that's sound like a
> kernel regression which broke existing userspace applications.
>
> So a patch must be applied on the kernel to fix that regression.

When AF_IB was added to the kernel, corresponding changes were added to the
librdmacm.  Those changes to the librdmacm are the cause of the issue.

The kernel rdma cm previously supported a single 'query' call.  With AF_IB, it
supports the original call, plus 3 additional calls.  The problem is the
librdmacm using the newer query calls.

> Introducing AF_IB must not have changed the behavor for existing
> applications. Existing applications must not need a new librdmacm when
> they don't use newer kernel extensions.

An older version of the librdmacm that does NOT support AF_IB should work fine.

- Sean