----- Original Message -----
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2014, Doug Ledford wrote:
>
> > > Add a module param to the mlx4_ib driver which allows to force
> > > all QP
> > > attachements to be carried out with multicast loopback prevented.
> >
> > This seems like driving a thumb tack with a sledge hammer.  No
> > doubt
> > the correct path here is to get the proper flag added to verbs
> > multicast
> > attach command.  Or, do you still have a patch that does this the
> > right way?  Did the one from 2008 do it the right way or this way?
>
> This is the least invasive approach to do what we need and this
> approach
> has been a part of OFED for long years.

I get that it's non-invasive and when doing something to get around the
fact that it doesn't exist upstream, that makes sense.

> The 2008 approach would be cleaner but it depends on an
> infrastructure
> change. I really would like to see that patch brought up to date and
> discussed.

Indeed.  The non-invasive approach is the wrong one for upstream, it's
really only suited for being a bandaid out of tree.  For upstream, it
needs to be done right.

--
Doug Ledford <dledf...@redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: 0E572FDD