On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Chuck Lever <chuck.le...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi-
>
> What does it mean when a LOCAL_INV work request fails with a
> IB_WC_MW_BIND_ERR completion?

Mapping an IB error code has been a great pain (at least for me)
unless you have access to the HCA firmware. In this case, I think it
implies memory protection error (registration issues).... say in cxgb4
driver, it is associated with invalidate shared MR or invalidate bound
memory window (with a QP):

                case T4_ERR_INVALIDATE_SHARED_MR:
                case T4_ERR_INVALIDATE_MR_WITH_MW_BOUND:
                        wc->status = IB_WC_MW_BIND_ERR;
                        break;

"drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/cq.c" line 654 of 898 --72%-- col 11-25

You'll probably need to mention the HCA name so the firmware people,
if they are reading this, could pinpoint the exact cause.

-- Wendy