On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 12:38:47PM +0300, Or Gerlitz wrote:
>  struct ibv_ah *__ibv_create_ah(struct ibv_pd *pd, struct ibv_ah_attr *attr)
>  {
> -     struct ibv_ah *ah = pd->context->ops.create_ah(pd, attr);
> +     int err;
> +     struct ibv_ah *ah = NULL;
> +#ifndef NRESOLVE_NEIGH
> +     struct ibv_port_attr port_attr;
> +     int dst_family;
> +     int src_family;
> +     int oif;
> +     struct get_neigh_handler neigh_handler;
> +     union ibv_gid sgid;
> +     struct ibv_ah_attr_ex attr_ex;
> +     int ether_len;
> +     struct verbs_context *vctx = verbs_get_ctx_op(pd->context,
> +                                                   create_ah_ex);
> +     struct peer_address src;
> +     struct peer_address dst;
> +
> +     if (!vctx) {
> +#endif
> +             ah = pd->context->ops.create_ah(pd, attr);
> +#ifndef NRESOLVE_NEIGH
> +             goto return_ah;
> +     }
> +
> +     err = ibv_query_port(pd->context, attr->port_num, &port_attr);

It feels like a regression to force this overhead. Many HCAs have no
possibility to support anything but IB, or Ethernet and don't need
this.

This whole arrangement seems strange. create_ah_ex should be a full
fledged user callable function, not a buried driver entry point.
It is also very unusual for verbs to have all this generic code in
a driver wrapper.

I suspect the answer here is to have the driver call into helper
functions from verbs to do this addressing
work. 'get_ethernet_l2_from_ah' or something.

If you do that then we don't even need create_ah_ex and query_port_ex
- those function seem to only be required to support this wrapper
technique.

So please rethink how this flows.. Maybe wrapping is not the best
choice??