A couple of months ago, I posted the start of a patch series to re-architect
ibacm around supporting multiple providers.

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-rdma/msg19363.html

This more easily allows ibacm to support other mechanisms for resolving address
and path record data, with support for ibssa (Scalable SA) as one obvious
candidate.

A complete set of patches that completes the re-architecture is now available
in the ibacm 'prov' branch.

http://git.openfabrics.org/?p=~shefty/ibacm.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/prov

In total, there are 40-50 patches, with most of the work actually done by Kaike
Wan.  Because of the size and limited audience interested in this work, I don't
plan on posting these to the mail list.  But anyone interested in reviewing the
patches should feel free to comment on them.  Likely the most interesting
result of the work is the provider interface to ibacm, which is defined in
include/infiniband/acm_prov.h:

http://git.openfabrics.org/?p=~shefty/ibacm.git;a=blob;f=include/infiniband/acm_prov.h;h=dcfdf5fce7373a7d57bcbe3fe54d6fe5d81935e2;hb=refs/heads/prov

- Sean