On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 06:14:31PM +0200, Or Gerlitz wrote:

> >> NO, as Matan wrote you "except for Or's comments" - we do want to dump
> > Sure, was not ignoring this one, it was just a warn :)
> >> what is supported by both the device (firmware) and the driver, and
> >> not more. A subset of your patch can be used, let me know if you want
> >> me to prepare it.
> > Yes please do as i have no idea from where this info can be retrieved.
>

> Oh, that's easy, just follow on the MLX4_DEV_CAP_FLAG_YYY enum values
> and look for holes in the string array.
Let me try to understand - are you using the holes in the string array to know
which are supported by driver?
So currently there is no way for one to tell what FW supports unless it is
support by driver.
In that case then all needs to be done is to fill only the features that has
MLX4_DEV_CAP_FLAG* but no entry in the string array (e.x
MLX4_DEV_CAP_FLAG_WOL_PORT2).
If this is the case then there are some that needs to be removed, i.e holes in
enum but filled in the string array, for example "Demand paging support" and
"Router support".