On 1/27/2015 7:02 PM, Doug Ledford wrote:
[...]
I haven't heard an argument from you yet that I believe beats the points
I've made above.  So I believe a solution that does not revert back to
having two separate code paths to be maintained is preferable to your patch.

Doug,

It's not going to work this way.

We should 1st and most take a decision what gonna happen with the 3.19driver and only then restart/resume the multi way/arguments discussion, and we have
very little time for 3.20-rc1too, BTW.

So lets close the 3.19 saga, again, either revert your eight patches or apply Erez's patch.

This way or another for 3.20 we can do things right by whatever method we agree on.

Or.