> It doesn't take a lot of time to do this work, especially if you use
> the correct tools.  I can review and apply 100 patches a day, even
> when I'm on vacation.  I'm an extreme example, but what you're doing
> right now Roland is not acceptable and is not in agreement with your
> claims about how much you care about this subsystem.

I honestly think part of the issue here is general approach being taken by the
rdma stack, which is to expose every hardware specific component that a vendor
might define through the interfaces up to the consumers.  This results in
unwieldy interfaces that are under constant churn, with no clear direction.  If
most submissions to the rdma stack were contained the lower-level drivers, I
don't know that we would have the issues that we do.  But a significant
percentage of rdma patches modify the rdma core software layer, which threaten
the stability of the entire stack.

- Sean