Hi Jesus,

On 5/27/2015 8:56 AM, Jesus Camacho Villanueva wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to send a port info request to all the ports in a switch,
> one after the other.
>
> I am sending all requests to the same switch in sequence through the
> same directed routing path:
>
> Request port number 1
> Request port number 2
> Request port number 3
> Request port number 4
>
> But sometimes I get responses out of order:
>
> Response port number 2
> Response port number 1
> Response port number 3
> Response port number 4
>
> Is it possible that the switch is processing port requests out of
> order (or maybe I am doing something wrong)?

One way this could occur is that request to switch for port number 1
either does not make it to switch or response does not make it back and
it times out and is retransmitted by kernel. This depends on how umad is
setup in terms of retries and timeout.

Is it always the same switch or switch type ? What switch is it ?

-- Hal