On 5/28/2015 7:07 PM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
Patch 8 (the ndev part) is relevant. GID is now related to a ndev and
>we would like
>to expose this information to the user.
>In non rdma-cm applications, how would a user select the gid_index he wants?
I don't mean drop forever, I mean, concentrate on getting this clean
up done, then start discussing UAPI changes separately. Please don't
bury UAPI changes, new features, etc in a cleanup patch series.

Jason,

I agree. This series can be perfectly made without UAPI changes, Matan can drop patch #8 and have user-space to just work as they did before, for both librdmacm and libibverbs consumers.

As for the RoCE GID table itself, adding in properly net-devices in their native Linux kernel form, namely with if_index and name-space -- seems to me the correct way to go. This for itself goes just a bit beyond refactoring, doesn't add special complexity which wasn't there before and has the advantage of doing things right and solid.

Or.