On 6/30/2015 9:42 PM, Steve Wise wrote:
I prefer to decouple the iSER changes with this core work.
Jason/Sean... thoughts?  I could do the iSER w/o patch 3, and the
follow up with a series that includes our final solution on
transport independent memory registration and change all the TI
kernel users (iser and nfsrdma) along with it.
There has a been a big push lately to drop the strange transport
specific stuff - if you are comitted to seeing the access flag clean
up series through then I don't see a problem with using whatever order
you like.
I agree.
Ok, then I'll do this:

1) series with iser changes to enable iwarp including mlx/ipath/qib patches to
set max_sge_rd
2) series on transport independent access flags / memory reg - updating the
kernel ULPs too.
not following... OTOH for iser to work over iwarp too we **only** (your #1) need to patch some IB/RoCE drivers to properly set their advertized max_sge_rd but no core changes but OTOH we **also** need (your #2) an IB core patch/series with independent access flags for porting (say) NFSoRDMA to use the same code for multiple transports? explain...

Or.