On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 04:06:23PM -0400, Chuck Lever wrote:
> My opinion is FMR should be separate from the new API. Some have
> expressed an interest in combining all kernel registration
> mechanisms under a single API, but they seem too different from
> each other to do that successfully.

Hi Chuck,

I think we can fit FMR partially under this API, e.g. alloc and map_sg
fit in very well, but then instead of post and invalidate we'll need to
call into slightly modified existing FMR pool APIs.

I'd suggest to postponed the issue for now, I'll prepare a prototype
once we've finished the FR-side API.