On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 03:37:24PM -0500, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jul 2015, Mike Marciniszyn wrote:
>
> > As a verbs driver the device functions as an InfiniBand device and
> > supports the standard features of the IBTA specification v1.3 with
> > the exceptions noted below.
>
> Hmmm... So OPA networks and IB networks (Truescale?) will be able to
> interoperate?

No, you can't plug an IB device into an OPA switch or a HFI into an IB switch.

The comment "As a verbs driver" means that we present the standard verbs
software interface to the core kernel and userspace.  This was to aid in review
of the patch series and how it interacts with the rest of the infiniband
subtree.

"Intel’s host software strategy is to utilize the existing OpenFabrics Alliance
interfaces, thus ensuring that today’s application software written to those
interfaces run with Intel OPA with no code changes required."

        --
https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/high-performance-computing-fabrics/omni-path-fabric-software-components.html

Ira