On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Sagi Grimberg <sa...@dev.mellanox.co.il> wrote:

>>> Yes, I'll change that to PAGE_SIZE.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>

>> Would non-4KB pages (e.g. PPC 64KB) be an issue? Would this work between
>> hosts with different page sizes?
>

> iser was always using 4K segments for reasons I don't perfectly
> understand. Maybe Or can comment on this? I do plan to move it to work
> with system page size (soon I hope).

Yep, back when we integrated the code upstream, we were testing on
IA64 too - where the system page size was 16KB but for some reasons
SGs provided by the block layer were many times NON FMR aligned if you
worked with 16KB FMR chunks. I would recommend to test on PPC64 and if
possible on IA64 before/after removing the usage of 4k segments.