On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 10:47:03PM +0000, Vogel, Steve wrote:
> The license terms allow anyone to distribute (but not sell) the firmware but
> only for use on Intel products.

Redistribution alone may be enough to be included in linux-firmware

However, most of the additional terms (and there are lots of them)
this imposes beyond the usual likely make it impossible to include in a
distro, so pragmatically, there is no reason to push for inclusion in
linux-firmware.

This is going to be a hard road for you guys. Falling in line with
every other Intel firmware blob's (i915, ibt, iwlwifi, SST2) license
would be much easier on you and the distros.

Frankly, I think the onus is on you to get statements from the
licensing teams at Fedora, Debian, RH and SuSE on if they can include
work under this license or not.

I suspect Fedora and Debian will both say they can't, just based on
their public policies and the additional restrictions in this
license.. But hey, I'm not a licensing lawyer..