On Thu, 10 Sep 2015, Doug Ledford wrote:

> +              * 1) ifdown/ifup
> +              * 2) a regular mcast join/leave happens and we run
> +              *    ipoib_mcast_restart_task
> +              * 3) a REREGISTER event comes in from the SM
> +              * 4) any other event that might cause a mcast flush

Could we have a timeout and leave the multicast group on process exit?
The old code base did that with the ipoib_mcast_leave_task() function.

With that timeout we do not longer accumulate MC sendonly subscriptions
for long running systems.

Also IPOIB_MAX_MCAST_QUEUE's default to 3 is not really enough to capture
a burst of traffic send to a multicast group. Can we make this
configurable or increase the max?