On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 11:17 PM, Christoph Lameter <c...@linux.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Sep 2015, Or Gerlitz wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 7:31 PM, Christoph Lameter <c...@linux.com> wrote:
>> > Another approach may be to tie the unsub from sendonly multicast joins to
>> > the expiration of the layer 2 addresses in IPoIB. F.e. add code to
>> >  __ipoib_reap_ah() to detect if the handle was used for a sendonly
>> > multicast join. If so unsubscribe from the MC group. This will result in
>> > behavior consistent with address resolution and caching on IPoIB.
>>
>> yep, Erez has the patches to do so.
>
> Would you please share them?

I will check with him tomorrow, basically I think he's pretty busy and
hence didn't participate in these threads so far, we'll see.

Could you please post here a few (say 2-4) liner summary of what is
still missing or done wrong in 4.3-rc1 and what is your suggestion how
to resolve that.

The amount of TEXT @ the IPoIB patch by Doug that went into rc1 and
the texts written so far over this thread are just too much for a busy
Erez and myself to grasp and act, we need your help with summing this
up...

Or.

Or.