On 9/24/2015 5:10 AM, Wengang Wang wrote:
Use __vmalloc to allocate memory for mlx4_ib_wq.wrid and mlx4_ib_srq.wrid.

Several hits that the kmalloc for wrid failed with the following like
call back stack:

Using vmalloc and friends should be done with care, specifically, we'd like
to go there only when needed (namely when kmalloc fails), else we can get into
another set of troubles.

Please use the practice introduced in commit 89dd86d "mlx4_core: Allow large mlx4_buddy bitmaps" to go the vmalloc way only when needed, note you can just call kvfree later, no need to branch when freeing things (as was fixed later in commit 914efb0 "mlx4: don't duplicate kvfree()")

And have the patch title to be

IB/mlx4: Use vmalloc  for WR buffers when needed

I don't think the OOM oops in the change log helps, skip it.

Or.