On 10/11/2015 14:28, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
Hi Yann,

Why were those hw providers not modified to
enforce IB_ACCESS_REMOTE_WRITE when needed, instead of asking users to
set it for them ?

Do you mean that ULPs will set IB_ACCESS_LOCAL_WRITE and
iWARP providers executing the memory registration will add
IB_ACCESS_REMOTE_WRITE? That's even better I think! Given that
changing the access rights under the user legs is something we'd want
to do. is it?

Oh, forgot that the providers do not know how this key will be used.
Thanks Tom for reminding me.