On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 04:55:51PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> IMHO, the break point for when it makes sense to switch from a RDMA
> READ chain to a MR is going to be a RDMA core tunable. The performance
> curve won't have much to do with the ULP.

core/device, a lot of it depends on when we'd exceed the nr_sge limit
as well.  But yes, it needs to move out ot the ULP and into the core,
the ULP has no business here.

As said a few times before we need a core API that takes a struct
scatterlist and builds RDMA READ/WRITE requests from it in an efficient
way.  I have started talking to Sagi and preparing some build blocks
for it, but getting all corner cases right will take a while.