On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 09:12:20AM +0200, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> This is wrong assertion.
>
> Look on the code throughout the iser path done from iser_send_command, we
> allowed the command associated with the
> iscsi task to be IN, OUT, both or none, when we do all the dma-mapping,
> memory registrations and such for either of the
> needed directions and same on the completion path.

Internal code structure is one thing, ever supporting bidi is another
one.  Without QUEUE_FLAG_BIDI a driver has never supported bidirectional
requests.  And iSER never had that flag set in mainline.  So even if you
spent of time supporting bidi in iSER it never was supported and all
that great support was entirely untested the last 10 years.