On 11/24/2015 5:59 AM, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
As I see it, if we don't wait for local-invalidate to complete before
unmap and IO completion (and no one does)

For the record, that is false. Windows quite strictly performs these
steps, and deliver millions of real 4K IOPS over SMB Direct.

Waiting for local invalidate to complete would be a really big
sacrifice for our storage ULPs.

Not waiting would also be a sacrifice, by compromising data integrity.
It's a tough tradeoff, but if you choose to go that way it will be
critical to be honest about the consequences to the data.

Tom.