> From: linux-rdma-ow...@vger.kernel.org [mailto:linux-rdma-

> The abstraction at the gid cache is making it too easy to make this mistake.
> It
> is enabling callers to do direct gid lookups without a route lookup, which is
> unconditionally wrong. Every call site into the gid cache I looked at appears
> have this problem.
>
> The simplest fix is to have a new gid cache api for rocve2 that somehow
> forces/includes the necessary route lookup. The existing API cannot simply
> be extended for rocev2.

I think that the GID cache should remain just that: a cache.
We shouldn't bloat it.
The CMA is the proper place to handle IP resolution.

> > roce_gid_mgmt, is the part that populates this "dumb" database.
> > IMHO, adding such a "smart" layer to the GID cache is wrong, as this
> > should be part of RDMACM which does the translation. No need to get
> > the gid cache involved.
>
> OK. Change the gid cache so only a RDMA CM private API can return
> rocev2 gids.

The same cache is also used in IB and thus by other components, so it cannot
be a private CM API.
RoCE ULPs use the CMA for establishing connections, so route lookups should
be done from there.
 --Liran