On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 03:47:12PM +0200, Matan Barak wrote:
> From: Somnath Kotur <somnath.ko...@avagotech.com>
>
> Providers should tell IB core the wc's network type.
> This is used in order to search for the proper GID in the
> GID table. When using HCAs that can't provide this info,
> IB core tries to deep examine the packet and extract
> the GID type by itself.

Eh? A wc has a sgid_index, and in this brave new world a gid has the
network type. Why do we need to specify it again?

>       memset(ah_attr, 0, sizeof *ah_attr);
>       if (rdma_cap_eth_ah(device, port_num)) {
> +             if (wc->wc_flags & IB_WC_WITH_NETWORK_HDR_TYPE)
> +                     net_type = wc->network_hdr_type;
> +             else
> +                     net_type = ib_get_net_type_by_grh(device, port_num,
> grh);
> +             gid_type = ib_network_to_gid_type(net_type);

Like here for instance.

... and I keep saying this is all wrong, once you get into IP land
this entire process needs a route/neighbour lookup.

> -                     ret = rdma_addr_find_dmac_by_grh(&grh->dgid, &grh->sgid,
> +                     ret = rdma_addr_find_dmac_by_grh(&dgid, &sgid,
>                                                        ah_attr->dmac,
>                                                        wc->wc_flags &
> IB_WC_WITH_VLAN ?
>                                                        NULL : &vlan_id,

ie no to this.

> +                     if (sgid_attr.gid_type == IB_GID_TYPE_ROCE_UDP_ENCAP)
> +                             /* TODO: get the hoplimit from the inet/inet6
> +                              * device

And no again, please fix this and all other missing route lookups
before sending another version.

> +     struct {
> +             /* The IB spec states that if it's IPv4, the header

roceev2 spec, surely