On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 07:38:30PM +0200, Moni Shoua wrote:
This is not a question if I can hook Soft RoCE driver into this framework.
In fact, I can't think of an IB driver that can't use this framework. What this
framework offers is just another hop from ib_core the real driver.
Where is the removal of duplicated code? This is a list of functions
that for now
must be implemented in the low level driver.

create_cq
destroy_cq
poll_cq
req_notify_cq
resize_cq
create_srq
modify_srq
destroy_srq
query_srq
create_qp
query_device
query_gid
alloc_ucontext
modify_device
modify_qp
dealloc_ucontext
query_port
destroy_qp
get_port_immutable
modify_port
query_qp
post_send
post_recv
post_srq_recv

Most if not all of them have common part in all drivers.
What are the plans to get rid of them? When?
Don't you think that this should be known in advance?

We have patch sets that implement all of these which will be posted soon. With the holidays things have just been a bit slow to come out.

-Denny