> Note that reset controller support is optional, so we want to add
>
>         select RESET_CONTROLLER if ARCH_RENESAS && ARM64
>
> to the I2C_RCAR section drivers/i2c/busses/Kconfig. Else reset will fail
> silently.

Actually, no. I use a non-optional reset_controller_get[1], so I will get
an ERR_PTR when !RESET_CONTROLLER. And I check for this ERR_PTR. So, it
will work with !RESET_CONTROLLER, just without RXDMA always then. That
worked fine with the old patch, need to test my new version now.

[1] In fact, this function is deprecated and I replaced it with the now
more explicit reset_control_get_exclusive(). Plus devm_*, of course.