> Subject: Re: Delay between stop condition and start condition
>

> > be fixed in its driver. It probably could be a generic driver, or?
>
> Wishful thinking. Setting the passthrough mode is probably not default,
> so it is device specific.

The passthrough mode is not default, it gets activated by the driver so that
drm_get_edid can then fetch the EDID. One other nasty thing is that to end the
conversation
with the monitor you are supposed to write 0x00 to register 0x1a of the HDMI
transmitter,
which means the SoC puts address 0x39 on the bus, but the HDMI transmitter lets
that
through, the monitor NACKs the address (because its address is 0x50), and from
that
moment on the control is back with the HDMI transmitter.
Unfortunately I don't have any other slave on the same bus, but I wonder what
happens
if someone else tries to use the same bus while the pass through mode is
operating...

Renesas Electronics Europe Ltd, Dukes Meadow, Millboard Road, Bourne End,
Buckinghamshire, SL8 5FH, UK. Registered in England & Wales under Registered
No. 04586709.