On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 01:02:11AM +0200, Tomasz Figa wrote:
> On Thursday 12 of September 2013 21:00:13 Mark Brown wrote:

> > > i2c@12CA0000 does look like a normal hardware I2C controller, which
> > > needs some extra properties like samsung,i2c-sda-delay or
> > > samsung,i2c-max-bus-

> > Shouldn't these have sane defaults?

> AFAIK those parameters are highly board specific so it would be hard to
> set any reasonable default for them.

At least the maximum bus frequency should be able to be set to 100Hz by
default, that's the minimum from the I2C spec though pretty much
everything does at least 400Hz.  sda-delay should really be able to
default to either zero or something per-SoC, I don't remember having to
tune it when using board files and I2C is generally pretty robust so
it'd be surprising if it were that sensitive to system design.