On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 10:49:05AM -0500, Venkatesh Ramamurthy wrote:
> Hi,
> I have one issue which requires fix from the linux kernel.
> Initially i put a SCSI controller and install the OS on the drive connected
> to it. After installing the OS (on sda), the customer puts another SCSI
> controller. The BIOS for the first controller has BIOS enabled and for the
> second controller does not have the BIOS enabled.

Nothing wrong with this.

> The linux loads the driver for the second controller first and assigns sda
> to it first , and the actual boot drive gets some sdX device node.

Are your two SCSI controllers handled by the same driver or through
different ones? If they're handled by two separate drivers, simply
build that one you need to boot off into the kernel and build the
other one as a module.

If theay're both handled by *one* driver, you may look at your SCSI
driver's sources to see whether or not there is a command line parameter
you could use to alter scan/probe order.

...and you may try to put your two SCSI controllers to different PCI
slots, of course...

MfG, JBG

--
Fehler eingestehen, Größe zeigen: Nehmt die Rechtschreibreform zurück!!!
/* Jan-Benedict Glaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- +49-177-5601720 */

PGP signature