Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> I think you misunderstood my point.  megaraid does not produce a warning
> about a missing return check when I compile it with gcc-3.4.  Does it
> warn for you?  If not, why did you include it in the list?

I grepped the whole source tree and discared the locations where
in the very same line the return value got obviousely used for something.
I am not sure right now why megaraid got into the list.
The listing was meant as a summary information where
the described sitatuion might be present as well.
I agree, i should have checked the lines in front of the statement
for every single location, to avoid any false positives. I didnt do that.

-Alex.