I apologize for writing to "linux" scsi list asking if anybody has
  such-and-such that doesnt directly help linux...

I have an AHA-1542B (a common model of controller, seemingly)
  and some AHA-1542CF's (quite different physically....),
Seems to be one of the best in its' class (AT-bus master!)...
I have some SCSI disks whose instructions state that they are not
  compatible with the AHA-1542B controller (something like that)
  unless you upgrade the BIOS/microcode pair to have a "B56"
  version of the controller or something like that.

Unfortunately, adaptec USED to list the BIOS+firmware for
  the AHA1542B at least, but then stopped doing so! aargh!.
I'd like to "have it" and will happily give files to others
  who need it, etc.

In short, I would really appreciate if anybody who has AHA-1542
  upgrade ROM files (any of them really, B or C etc..., to
  use.... I'm not expecting to get over 8gb disk translation
  facility (i.e. no extended int13-LBA), but particuarly on
  the AHA-1542B a newer BIOS would be nice.......

I expect to put this on EPROM/flash IC and stick in, since
  these cards do not use flashable chip normally).
Please, please let me know if you have such rom upgrade files.
Somewhere, somebody, out there!

Please write to me off this list if you can help...
Or point me in the right direction.

Thankyou in advance, and apologies for people who aren't
  interested!

--S Iremonger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>