On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 05:14:16AM -0500, Jes Sorensen wrote:

> domen> Use the DMA_{64,32}BIT_MASK constants from dma-mapping.h when
> domen> calling pci_set_dma_mask() or pci_set_consistent_dma_mask() See
> domen> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108001993000001&r=1&w=2 for
> domen> details
>
> Why?
>
> It's ugly and really serves no purpose except for obfuscation.

We've had drivers with typos.  Missing one f suddenly causes all your
memory to come from ZONE_DMA.  Having an extra f causes your driver to
work ... most of the time on machines with >4GB ram.  Sure, your driver
doesn't, but when looking over a lot of drivers, it's easier if everyone's
using the same macros.